The Fortuneswell Cancer Trust is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. This policy explains how we collect and use the personal information you give us.
By giving us your personal information, you agree to the use of it as set out in this policy.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you.
Personal information we collect can include your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, credit/debit card details and whether you are a UK tax payer – the latter so that we can claim Gift Aid.
When and where do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information when you:
- make a donation to us
- carry out a fundraising activity in aid of us
- volunteer for us
- ask about or register for our activities
- engage with us via our website or social media
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information:
- to process any donation(s) you may make to us, whether direct or via fundraising activity
- to comply with the terms of the The Fortuneswell Cancer Trust charity deed which states that any person who donates in a financial year becomes a member of the Trust for a year and must be invited to the The Fortuneswell Cancer Trust Annual General Meeting.
- to contact you to ensure any publicity that you have previously agreed to is accurate
- to manage our volunteers
- for internal administration purposes (eg we may contact you about a donation you have made or about an event in which you have previously expressed an interest)
- for internal record keeping such as the management of feedback or complaints
- where it is required by law
How do we use your personal information?
We use your information:
- to invite you to the first Fortuneswell Cancer Trust Annual General Meeting held after your donation(s) or fundraising activity.
- to send you communications by mail, e-mail or telephone. Our communications may include news, updates about our work and how you can help us and get involved.
- to organise volunteers for fundraising and community awareness activities
How do we process your information?
As a charity, we wish to ensure that support is not received from an inappropriate source and does not pose an ethical risk to The Fortuneswell Cancer Trust. We therefore may conduct research, including information which is already publicly available on donors, partners or volunteers to ensure it would be right for us to accept this support, particularly where significant sums are being donated.
Who do we share your information with?
When you provide The Fortuneswell Cancer Trust directly with personal information, you are sharing that information to us alone. We will inform you if this is not the case.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are required to do so through a legal obligation (for example to the police or a government body).
How can you update your personal information or contact preferences?
You have complete control over your personal information that we hold.
To update your personal information or if you no longer wish to hear from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to know what personal information we hold about you, please email email@example.com and we will respond to your request.
How secure is my personal information?
When you give us personal information, it is stored in a database. We take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no information shared over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, you provide it at your own risk. We always do our best to make sure your information is secure on our systems.
We adhere to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.